CUPE Local 1356 Blog

Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 1356. We have three Collective Agreements as Local 1356, 1356-01, and 1356-02. The membership is comprised of the full-time and part-time workers of York University the Local website is at 1356.cupe.ca This Blog will include Local information and information garnered from sources other Universities, Colleges, Post Secondary/Tertiary Education and news sources supplying information.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Some Truthful Humour

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost.

He reduced his altitude and spotted a CUPE worker below.

He shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I don't know where I am."

The CUPE worker below yelled back, "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.

"I am," replied the CUPE worker, "how did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I'm still lost. Frankly, haven’t been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip."

The CUPE worker below said, "And you must be in Management."

"I am," said the balloonist, "How did you know?"

"Well," said the CUPE worker, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home