CUPE Local 1356 Blog

Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 1356. We have three Collective Agreements as Local 1356, 1356-01, and 1356-02. The membership is comprised of the full-time and part-time workers of York University the Local website is at This Blog will include Local information and information garnered from sources other Universities, Colleges, Post Secondary/Tertiary Education and news sources supplying information.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Assistance with Injured Workers

Office of the Worker Adviser
In addition to getting help from the local union for problems with WSIB issues [previously referred to as Workers' Compensation and even earlier as Workmen's Compensation] any worker can contact the Office of the Worker Adviser. This office is funded by the province to primarily assist injured workers, although there is an expectation that unionized workers will contact their union first.


Post a Comment

<< Home